*** ***

Thursday, June 14, 2007

It Starts

Gestational Surrogacy. Today is the first "real" day down this path. I've got the forms faxed in, the first interview complete. Now what? The agency I've chosen is well known and has a great reputation, but also is on the spendier side for the IP's ( Intended Parents). Not sure how I feel about that. I am considering doing a private search for a local couple and not using the agency at all.. but the legal aspects of that endeavor make me pucker a bit. Gonna let it sit for a while. I think once the agency verifies id's etc the next step is to go in to the OB's for a complete once-over then a visit with the Psych to get the thumbs up. Time line? I have no idea.I've joined a few forums for GS's and similarly minded women. I've learned a lot and each and every day I get more excited about this adventure! How AWESOME that I get to help make a family! Makes my insides happy. I look forward to the next step, whatever that may be.

No comments: